The 36×24 limited edition metallics are near gone. There are 6 left: 3 here and 3 at The Miskatonic Archive, and that will put me at 20 – the limit for the series.
The 32×22 giclees are selling as quickly, though there were 50 of those, they will also be gone soon.
About the Metallics:
- There are only 20 of this edition (1 through 20), and two artist’s proofs (I, and II). One HC (flawed version) exists, kept by the artist, and it is documented so and also tracked by certificate, and not for sale. Leaving a total of 22 between the 6,602,224,175 people on the planet – or 1 to be owned owned by 1 person in every 275,092,673 people.
- They are printed on very heavy archival metallic photo stock, in Epson Ultrachrome K3 inks, with a calculated archival lifespan of 200+ years.
- In metallic, they look utterly amazing… simply amazing.
- They are hand-embellished and in silver archival ink, with slight and subtle additions and effects.
- They are signed, numbered, and dated in the margin with black archival ink.
- They are packaged with care, rolled in paper and foam, and placed in huge 4 inch diameter tubes (less curling that way). They are shipped USPS Priority mail or better, with delivery confirmation.
- There will not be a second edition, third edition, bonus edition with a different border color, or special extra-bonus edition with extra doodles, no first edition revisited, no special custom-framed edition, no printed upside-down on a blue moon edition.
- There will be none released the same print size, larger print size, or close to the same print size on this support type (metallic paper), in order to keep these every bit as special in the future as the day they were purchased.
- There will never be a metallic version of “The Rescue” more special, and more spectacular than these.
About the 32×22 inch giclees on canvas:
- There are only 50 of this edition, and two artist’s proofs (I, and II). One HC (flawed print) exists, and is appropriately marked, and also tracked and documented by certificate, and not for sale.
- They are printed on quality gloss canvas, in Epson Ultrachrome K3 inks, with a calculated archival lifespan of 200+ years.
- Almost identical in size, and with all the appearance of a real painting, they are the truest to the original one could possibly get.
- #1, and #3 (sold), are hand-embellished in paint with slight and subtle additions and effects.
- #2 (sold) is practically completely repainted, almost a unique painting in its own, as the hand-embellishing got away from me. It is re-varnished in satin, and looks so spot-on the original they are hard to tell apart.
- They are hand-signed, numbered, and dated on the back border of the canvas.
- They are packaged with care, in hand-made cardboard crates, securely padded with paper or foam, and wrapped in an acid-free cellophane for protection from moisture. They are shipped USPS Priority mail or better, with delivery confirmation.
- There will not be a second edition, third edition, bonus edition with a different varnish, or special extra-bonus edition with extra doodles, no first edition revisited, no special custom-framed edition, no printed by bhuddist monks in the Appelachian Mountains edition.
- There will be none released the same print size, larger print size, or close to the same print size on this support type (canvas), in order to keep these every bit as special in the future as the day they were purchased.
- There will never be giclee on canvas version of “The Rescue” more special, and more spectacular than these. Actually, there will never be a giclee of “the Rescue” more spectacular than these.
Assurances for these and All Current/Future Myke Amend Limited Editions:
- Each have a unique serialized hologram on them, matching the serialed hologram on the certificate of authenticity, which is printed on very high-quality (and expensive) Hahnemule rag paper.
- The certificates are registered, to further ensure the uniqueness of your print.
- Myke Amend releases editions in three support types: Canvas, Photographic Paper, Fine Art Paper. There will never be more than one limited edition on any given support type. Each Artwork has but one limited edition, ever on each of these three.
- As an added measure, to keep your purchases special, open editions for any given support type, will never be as large in print size as their limited counterparts. If there is a 36×24 limited metallic, there will not be a 32×22 metallic, a 30×19 metallic, and there will especially not be a 38×26 metallic or anything bigger.
- Once the limited editions for all three support types are done, the ‘fixed’ file for these, in other words – the retouched, dust and blemish-free, color and lighting adjusted version of the original scan is destroyed, and open editions from there on are made from a different and newly retouched file – making all limiteds as unique as possible from their open-edition counterparts.
- I will typically release only one of these support types at a time, not two, as I did with this one. My favorites will typically be the most limited and the first released. In this case: 20 hand-embellished and hand-signed metallics, 50 hand-signed giclees on canvas with hand-embellished prints going to the first three buyers, and 75 hand-signed giclees on fine-art paper with no hand-embellishments available.
- These are giclees and digital prints. As you can see, I have taken a lot of measures to make them as secure and as guaranteed as limited editions as they can possibly be, and will do everything I can to protect your investment.
- Eventually I will do Lithographs – but of other artwork – not this one. I wanted to do art paper ones as lithographs, but realized that would make them more special then the already selling giclees on canvas and metallics, and would not be fair to the owners of those editions.